Summer Forestry Students 2024
Seeking: Summer Forestry Students
Summer 2024 (4-month term each)
NorthPac Forestry Group Ltd. is a fully integrated forestry company, engaged in all aspects of forestry from planning through to the delivery and sale of logs to domestic and overseas customers and markets. With an annual volume under management of approximately 1,000,000 m3 and expanding opportunities in forestry and energy sectors in Northwest B.C. we are looking to grow our team.
At NorthPac Forestry Group Ltd. we value our talent. We are committed to empowering every member of the team by leveraging their individual strengths and creativity. Critical to maintaining our successful relationships with partners, industry proponents and clients around the world, we work intently on growing a diverse, inclusive and engaged workforce.
Reporting to the Area Foresters and Silviculture Supervisor in our Terrace, B.C. office, these positions have the core objectives of completion of field activities associated with all aspects of NorthPac’s forestry operations. We are seeking candidates to focus on planning and operations and candidates to focus on silviculture. All summer students will be provided opportunities to work throughout multiple aspects of our business.
• Completion of silviculture surveys,
• Completion of brushing and tree planting layout and supervision of silviculture contracts,
• Cutblock and road layout and site plan data collection,
• Provision of assistance in timber cruising and timber reconnaissance,
• Collection of post-harvest appraisal data and completion of road inspections,
• Assistance in logging supervision, bridge inspections, and data collection for bridge site plans,
• Assistance in completion of waste surveys, ship loading tallies and scaling.
• Possesses a strong work ethic, great attitude, dependable, motivated and enjoys working in a team environment
• Enrolled in a forestry or natural resource management post-secondary program,
• Pursuing a career in forestry and seeking exposure to multiple facets of the forest industry,
• Physically fit, able to work outdoors and willing to operate offroad vehicles,
• Possession of a valid, class 5 driver’s license and willing to operate 4-wheel drive trucks
• First aid training, prior experience in forestry and/or operating offroad vehicles is considered an asset but is not required.
NorthPac offers a competitive salary for summer students. Qualified applicants can email their resume and a cover letter, indicating preference for either a silviculture or planning and operations focused position to email@example.com.
We appreciate all the resumes and applications sent in, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.